This Post Contains Affiliate Links
As sit in my room going over the work that my third grader needs to complete next week, I realized that I have lost MY room. She does school all over the house, but my room is the home base. My bookshelf that use to have my books is now full of The Magic School Bus, Stone Fox, Jr. novels, dictionaries, and thesauruses. I have tubs with pencils, markers, crayons, glue, glitter, and paint stacked all around. There is a map of the USA and a map of the world, along with a multiplication chart. There are hand made posters about the water cycle and American Indians. There are papers all over and a schedule for next week hanging up. It is amazing how my room has changed in less than a year, but I know that she is learning a lot and so am I.
Here is what is on the list this week
- Math – the distributive property and order of operations
- Science – the carbon cycle, water cycle, and changing environmental conditions
- History – learning more about the original 13 colonies and the Boston Tea Party
- Literature – reading non fiction, fact verses opinion, and the Declaration of Independence
- Art- learning about the Incas gold and cloth
- Spanish – another week of lessons last week she learned foods and drinks
- Language skills – Finished for the year!!!
I am ready for a week of teaching, I hope she is ready for a week of learning.